Naturtint Hair Color
Naturtint Permanent Hair Color 5N is a gorgeous shade of Light Chestnut Brown. This natural hair dye delivers intense and radiant color without being a hair dye at all. Naturtint is able to give you long-lasting gray coverage and nourished hair with the minimal use of chemicals. This box contains everything you need to color, moisturize, and protect your hair including Naturtint CC Cream Leave in Conditioner, gloves, color fixing shampoo, colorant, color developer, protective conditioner, and instructions. Naturtint colors are dermatologically tested and free from parabens, SLS, and cocomide DEA. Naturtint contains the least amount of chemicals necessary to create an effective, safe, and more natural permanent hair color than conventional brands.
- Light Chestnut Brown
- Dermatologically Tested
- Formulated with the Least Amount of Ingredients Possible
- Safe, Gentle & Effective
- Nourishing & Moisturizing Oils & Extracts from Nature
- Long-Lasting Color
- Excellent Gray Hair Coverage
- Paraben & SLS Free
- Contains No Cocomide DEA
On the Naturtint hair color chart, 5N Light Chestnut Brown is part of the “naturals” set of colors. It is located between 4N Natural Chestnut and 6N Dark Blonde. As you can see on the Naturtint color chart below, 5N is the lightest shade of brown in the Naturtint hair dye lineup. But, once again, Naturtint really isn’t the same as standard hair dye brands. While Naturtint doesn’t claim to be an all-natural permanent hair coloring product (such a thing just isn’t possible), they are dedicated to using the least amount of ingredients possible to create safe hair colors.
Strange how it turns out that one of the best natural hair dye brands available doesn’t claim to be a hair dye or an all-natural hair colorant. But, while natural hair color dye isn’t a thing, Naturtint proves that hair color for natural hair IS a thing! Naturtint is a permanent hair colorant enriched with oleic acid, which is derived from olives. It has wonderful moisturizing properties for your hair and scalp. Plus, it helps enhance your hair’s elasticity and that can minimize damage and breakage. Oleic acid has natural vitamin E content that delivers protectant antioxidants which ward against environmental damage and help lengthen your color’s longevity. Another natural ingredient in Naturtint hair color is meadowfoam oil which helps reduce frizz, condition split ends, and increase shine. The aftercare treatment products contain natural ingredients: linseed seed extract helps repair damaged hair; rosmarinus officinalis leaf oil helps make hair look thick and full; eucalyptus globulus leaf oil increases your hair’s shine and healthy appearance; sunflower seed extract intensifies your hair color; lemon fruit water is rich in vitamins C & B, folic acid, and minerals which all work together to promote hair growth and health; moringa seed extract is a nutrient-rich ingredient from nature that helps protect hair from environmental toxins and damage; baobab seed protein nourished dry hair from roots to tips while protecting from UV damage and strengthening hair strands; and pea protein binds moisture into hair strands and increases elasticity.
Naturtint Hair Color Reviews
The Naturtint reviews here at LuckyVitamin are really good. This Naturtint 5N Light Chestnut Brown gets an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars and 96% of reviewers would recommend Naturtint to a friend. The reviews on LuckyVitamin are all written by actual LuckyVitamin customers who bought and used the products. Reviewers say that Naturtint colors looks very natural, leave their hair feeling soft and looking shiny, and that the color lasts a long time. Some users report irritation from other, more chemical-laden products, but not with Naturint. They say Naturtint is one of the best natural hair color products available.
How to perform a skin sensitivity test:
1. Remove any earrings. Cleanse a small area (1-2cm) of skin behind your ear and dry gently.
2. Put on the gloves provided and carefully unscrew the caps from the Colorant & the Color Developer bottles.
3. Using plastic utensils, mix only a small amount in equal measures of the Colorant & the Color Developer in a separate plastic bowl until totally blended (do not use metal or ceramic). Reseal both bottles immediately to preserve the unmixed contents for full application.
4. Using a cotton swab, apply the mixture to the cleansed area behind your ear and allow it to dry.
5. Then apply two more layers, each time allowing the areas to dry in between.
6. Leave the test mixture on the skin for at least 48 hours without washing, covering, or touching the test area.
7. If you experience any signs of a reaction, such as swelling, redness, blistering, rash, or itching in or around the test area, you are sensitive to one or more of the ingredients in the formula, rinse immediately and do not use this product on your hair. You should follow up with a medical professional in order to determine what you may be allergic too.
How to perform a color strand test:
1. Put on the gloves provided, carefully unscrew the caps from Colorant & the Color Developer bottles. With plastic utensils (never use metal or ceramic) mix small equal measures separately in a plastic or glass bowl.
2. Secure a lock of hair, about an inch in length, and apply your mixture. If you have gray hair you should test this type of hair as well. In most cases, rinse hair being tested after 30 minutes.
3. In the case of stubborn gray, or to achieve a more intense color, leave the mixture for a further 5-10 minutes.
4. Gently dry the section(s) of hair to reveal your color result, remembering to take a note of your hair’s specific development time.
Color strand test results:
- If the color result is too dark, reduce the development time for your full coloring process.
- If the gray coverage is insufficient, increase the development time to a maximum of 40 minutes.
If the color result is too light, we recommend that you choose a darker shade
Ensure your hair is dry and clean, as styling products can affect your final color result. Naturtint recommends coloring your hair a day after shampooing, to allow some of the scalp’s natural oils to be produced.
They also recommend having on hand old towels for spills, preventing stains, etc. You may also need plastic hair clips for sectioning your hair, or a plastic bowl and brush for root touch-ups.
Comb your hair before application.
Always wear gloves and ensure that you have any other supplies you may need on hand.
1. Protect your shoulders with a towel to prevent accidental staining of your clothes. You may also wish to protect the immediate surrounding area, especially any carpets or fabric as permanent staining may occur if color mixture is accidentally spilled.
2. Put on the gloves provided and keep them on during the entire coloring process.
3. Unscrew the caps of both the Colorant and the Color Developer. Pour the total contents of Colorant into the Color Developer bottle and replace the applicator cap.
4. Shake the Developer Bottle well for two minutes until the mixture is completely blended.
5. If you are using the Applicator Bottle to make the mixture, immediately unscrew the tip of the lid and proceed to Step 2.
Full Head/First Time Color
1. Using gloved hands, first apply the mixture to your roots, using the tip of the applicator bottle to part your hair into small sections.
2. Immediately massage the remaining mixture through the rest of your hair, to ensure the color is evenly spread.
3. Leave on to develop for 30 minutes
Short Hair/Roots Only
1. Using gloved hands, pour your required amount of colorant and developer into a plastic bowl and mix with a brush for 2 minutes until totally blended. Apply enough mixture to cover your roots using the brush
2. Massage the mixture into your roots and leave to develop for 20 minutes (30 minutes if you have stubborn gray).
3. Then, using gloved hands, massage the remaining mixture throughout the rest of your hair and leave for an additional 5-10 minutes.
4. To achieve a more intense color, or to cover stubborn grays, increase the development time on your roots to a maximum of 40 minutes.
1. Rinse: Once you have reached your desired development time, using gloves, gently message your hair while thoroughly rinsing it with warm water until the water runs completely clear.
2. Cleanse: Apply Naturtint Color Fixing Shampoo to gently cleanse and moisturize your hair, returning it to its natural pH balance. Gently massage into a lather. Rinse and repeat. Leave for one minute and rinse thoroughly.
3. Condition: Gently squeeze excess moisture from your hair. Then apply Naturtint Protective Conditioner to help detangle your hair, and boost shine. Gently massage through from the roots to the tips. Leave for 2-5 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
4. Perfect: Towel dry your hair. Apply a small amount of Naturtint CC Cream. Gently massage the cream throughout the length of the hair, concentrating on the ends, then comb through. Dry and style as normal. No need to rinse.
Peg-2 Oleamine. Water (aqua). Peg-4 Rapeseedamide. Alcohol Denat (alcohol). Propylene Glycol. Oleic Acid. Ethanolamine. Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein. Limnanthes Alba (meadowfoam) Seed Oil. Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate. Sodium Metabisulfite. Sodium Erythorbate. P-phenylenediamine. 4-chlororesorcinol. 2-amino-4-hydroxyethylaminoanisole sulfate. N,n-bis (2-hydroxyethyl)-p-phenylenediamine sulfate. M-aminophenol. 4-amino-2-hydroxytoluene. Octadecyl di-t-butyl-4-hydroxyhydrocinnamate.
Water (aqua). Hydrogen peroxide. Cetyl alcohol. Cetearyl alcohol. Laureth-3. Ceteareth-20. Oxyquinoline sulfate. Phosphoric acid.
Color fixing shampoo:
Water (aqua). Sodium cocoamphoacetate. Peg-4 Rapeseedamide. Glycerin. Lauryl glucoside. Cocamidopropyl betaine. Sodium chloride.
Decyl glucoside. Sodium cocoyl glutamate. Sodium lauryl glucose carboxylate. Linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed extract. Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil. Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil. Polyglyceryl-4 diisostearate/polyhydroxystearate/sebacate. Isopropyl alcohol. Citric acid. Sodium benzoate. Potassium sorbate. Octadecyl di-t-butyl-4-hydroxyhydrocinnamate.
Water (aqua). Cetearyl alcohol. Glycerin. Behentrimonium methosulfate. Citrus limon (lemon) fruit water. Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed extract. Linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed extract. Moringa pterygosperma seed extract. Ceteareth-20. Cetyl alcohol. Glyceryl stearate. Ceteth-20. Steareth-20. Fragrance (parfum). Sodium benzoate. Potassium sorbate. Limonene. Citric acid. Disodium phosphate.
Water (aqua). Cetearyl alcohol. Quaternium-80. Propylene glycol. Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed extract. Hydrolyzed pea protein. Hydrolyzed adansonia digitata seed extract. Moringa pterygosperma seed extract. Behentrimonium methosulfate. Glycerin. Potato Starch modified. Fragrance (parfum). Citric acid. Disodium phosphate. Sodium benzoate. Potassium sorbate. Benzyl alcohol. Limonene. Linalool. Citronellol.
Hair Colorants Can Cause Severe Allergic Reactions.
This product contains ingredients which may cause skin irritation on certain individuals. Carefully read and follow the enclosed instructions.
A preliminary skin sensitivity test should be performed according to the instruction leaflet 48 hours before each use.
Do not use this product to dye eyelashes or eyebrows as doing so may cause eye injury or blindness. This product is not intended for use on persons under the age of 16. Temporary “black henna” tattoos may increase your risk of allergy. Do not color your hair if:
- You have a rash on your face or sensitive, irritated and damaged scalp;
- You have ever experienced any reaction after coloring your hair; or
- You have experienced a reaction to a temporary “black henna” tattoo in the past.
Contains phenylendiamines and hydrogen peroxide. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact with eyes occurs, rinse immediately with plenty of water. Wear suitable gloves. Rinse hair well after application.
The proportion for mixing colorant and color developer must always be 1:1. Store between 50°F and 80°F (10°C and 27°C). Keep out of reach of children.
Final color result will depend on the color, thickness and overall condition of your hair so a color strand test, prior to full application, is necessary.