Naturtint Permanent Hair Colorant 4N Natural Chestnut – 5.6 oz.
4N Natural Chestnut is one of Naturtint’s best-selling natural, plant-based Permanent Hair Colorants. It delivers intense and radiant color without the use of harsh chemicals like ammonia. Naturtint increases nourishment and protection for your hair with oleic acid derived entirely from olives. Each 5.6 fluid ounce package of Natural Chestnut 4N hair color comes with a leave-in CC Cream with moisturizing baobab seed protein to nourish strands from roots to tips. It also protects against damaging UV rays and helps to strengthen your hair. All Naturtint hair colors are formulated with minimal chemical ingredients and no potentially harmful parabens, gluten, ammonia, SLS, artificial fragrances, or heavy metals. Plus, they are cruelty free and vegan!
Does Naturtint Cover Grey?
Naturtint is naturally better in so many ways. And, it does cover grey hair! Naturtint’s groundbreaking formula is plant-based, but it doesn’t skimp on effectiveness. It gives you long-lasting gray coverage from the very first application using ultra-concentrated micro-pigments that penetrate the deepest layers of your hair shaft for vivid color that won’t fade with washing. Plus, Naturtint uses natural sunflower extract for what they call the Nutrideep Multiplier. It supplies increased protection against the elements which helps maintain your beautiful new color and helps it last longer.
Does Naturtint Have Chemicals?
Naturtint prides itself on being better: better ingredients, better hair color, and better you. From the beginning, they came up with a brand new concept for hair color hair care. Naturtint is the first naturally better permanent hair color formulated with plant-based ingredients that deliver maximum results. While it does contain a minimal amount of chemical ingredients, Naturtint never contains ammonia, gluten, parabens, silicones, paraffin, mineral oils, heavy metals, artificial fragrances, SLS, or formaldehyde derivatives. What Naturtint does contain is natural botanicals such as linseed extract, rosmarinus officinalis leaf oil, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, sunflower seed extract, lemon fruit water, moringa seed extract, baobab seed protein, pea protein, and more. Even better, Naturtint is formulated to contain the least amount of ingredients necessary to deliver amazingly gorgeous permanent hair color results. Nothing more and nothing less. Naturtint is simply naturally better.
Plant-enriched permanent hair color is just what your hair has been asking for! What’s the use in beautiful color if you hair looks unhealthy and frazzled from chemicals? Naturtint delivers results naturally with botanical, plant-based ingredients to help your gorgeous locks shine from the inside out. And, you aren’t limited to a few boring shades, either. With Naturtint, the sky is the limit because all 32 shades are mixable. You are sure to find the color that’s perfect for you! The N in 4N Natural Chestnut means it’s part of Naturtint’s Natural color line. They also offer Golden (G), Ash (A), Copper (C), Mahogany (M&I), Red, and Chocolate. With hair colors ranging from Ebony Black to Light Ash Blonde and every color in between, you’re going to love the new you.
Almost all the Naturtint natural hair coloring products on LuckyVitamin have reviews left by actual Naturtint users. What are people saying about Naturtint? For example, one customer who uses the Light Ash Blonde Hair Colorant 10A is very pleased with how it lightens her hair with no brassy or orange tint and how soft it makes her hair feel. Other customers love the brand because it’s easy to use, delivers beautiful color, and they say it lasts a long time too. Many new Naturtint users are very surprised with how well it works as compared to conventional, chemical-laden dyes. Plus, customers love how Naturtint doesn’t smell of bad fumes, it covers grey hair, doesn’t have to be left on your hair for too long, and it sells for a reasonable and affordable price.
Which Natural Hair Dye is the Best?
There are a few different options available for natural hair coloring and of course, the results are subjective. Some people may prefer henna treatments, while others want more variety in color options. One thing is for certain. Naturtint is one of LuckyVitamin’s best-selling natural, plant-based hair colorants. 4N Natural Chestnut is the preferred color by customer choice. The color is long-lasting, covers gray, and the botanical ingredients nourish and strengthen your hair while making it look, feel, and smell fantastic. Naturtint doesn’t include any of the potentially harmful chemicals that other brands do and it’s vegan and cruelty free. Naturtint is dermatologically tested, safe, and effective. It restores shine, vitality, and manageability. Plus, it protects and restores beautiful, long-lasting hair color. What more could you ask for?
How to perform a skin sensitivity test:
1. Remove any earrings. Cleanse a small area (1-2cm) of skin behind your ear and dry gently.
2. Put on the gloves provided and carefully unscrew the caps from the Colorant & the Color Developer bottles.
3. Using plastic utensils, mix only a small amount in equal measures of the Colorant & the Color Developer in a separate plastic bowl until totally blended (do not use metal or ceramic). Reseal both bottles immediately to preserve the unmixed contents for full application.
4. Using a cotton swab, apply the mixture to the cleansed area behind your ear and allow it to dry.
5. Then apply two more layers, each time allowing the areas to dry in between.
6. Leave the test mixture on the skin for at least 48 hours without washing, covering, or touching the test area.
7. If you experience any signs of a reaction, such as swelling, redness, blistering, rash, or itching in or around the test area, you are sensitive to one or more of the ingredients in the formula, rinse immediately and do not use this product on your hair. You should follow up with a medical professional in order to determine what you may be allergic too.
How to perform a color strand test:
1. Put on the gloves provided, carefully unscrew the caps from Colorant & the Color Developer bottles. With plastic utensils (never use metal or ceramic) mix small equal measures separately in a plastic or glass bowl.
2. Secure a lock of hair, about an inch in length, and apply your mixture. If you have gray hair you should test this type of hair as well. In most cases, rinse hair being tested after 30 minutes.
3. In the case of stubborn gray, or to achieve a more intense color, leave the mixture for a further 5-10 minutes.
4. Gently dry the section(s) of hair to reveal your color result, remembering to take a note of your hair’s specific development time.
Color strand test results:
- If the color result is too dark, reduce the development time for your full coloring process.
- If the gray coverage is insufficient, increase the development time to a maximum of 40 minutes.
If the color result is too light, we recommend that you choose a darker shade
Ensure your hair is dry and clean, as styling products can affect your final color result. Naturtint recommends coloring your hair a day after shampooing, to allow some of the scalp’s natural oils to be produced.
They also recommend having on hand old towels for spills, preventing stains, etc. You may also need plastic hair clips for sectioning your hair, or a plastic bowl and brush for root touch-ups.
Comb your hair before application.
Always wear gloves and ensure that you have any other supplies you may need on hand.
1. Protect your shoulders with a towel to prevent accidental staining of your clothes. You may also wish to protect the immediate surrounding area, especially any carpets or fabric as permanent staining may occur if color mixture is accidentally spilled.
2. Put on the gloves provided and keep them on during the entire coloring process.
3. Unscrew the caps of both the Colorant and the Color Developer. Pour the total contents of Colorant into the Color Developer bottle and replace the applicator cap.
4. Shake the Developer Bottle well for two minutes until the mixture is completely blended.
5. If you are using the Applicator Bottle to make the mixture, immediately unscrew the tip of the lid and proceed to Step 2.
Full Head/First Time Color
1. Using gloved hands, first apply the mixture to your roots, using the tip of the applicator bottle to part your hair into small sections.
2. Immediately massage the remaining mixture through the rest of your hair, to ensure the color is evenly spread.
3. Leave on to develop for 30 minutes
Short Hair/Roots Only
1. Using gloved hands, pour your required amount of colorant and developer into a plastic bowl and mix with a brush for 2 minutes until totally blended. Apply enough mixture to cover your roots using the brush
2. Massage the mixture into your roots and leave to develop for 20 minutes (30 minutes if you have stubborn gray).
3. Then, using gloved hands, massage the remaining mixture throughout the rest of your hair and leave for an additional 5-10 minutes.
4. To achieve a more intense color, or to cover stubborn grays, increase the development time on your roots to a maximum of 40 minutes.
1. Rinse: Once you have reached your desired development time, using gloves, gently message your hair while thoroughly rinsing it with warm water until the water runs completely clear.
2. Cleanse: Apply Naturtint Color Fixing Shampoo to gently cleanse and moisturize your hair, returning it to its natural pH balance. Gently massage into a lather. Rinse and repeat. Leave for one minute and rinse thoroughly.
3. Condition: Gently squeeze excess moisture from your hair. Then apply Naturtint Protective Conditioner to help detangle your hair, and boost shine. Gently massage through from the roots to the tips. Leave for 2-5 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
4. Perfect: Towel dry your hair. Apply a small amount of Naturtint CC Cream. Gently massage the cream throughout the length of the hair, concentrating on the ends, then comb through. Dry and style as normal. No need to rinse.
Peg-2 Oleamine. Water (aqua). Peg-4 Rapeseedamide. Alcohol Denat (alcohol). Propylene Glycol. Oleic Acid. Ethanolamine. Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein. Limnanthes Alba (meadowfoam) Seed Oil. Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate. Sodium Metabisulfite. Sodium Erythorbate. P-phenylenediamine. 4-chlororesorcinol. 2-amino-4-hydroxyethylaminoanisole sulfate. N,n-bis (2-hydroxyethyl)-p-phenylenediamine sulfate. M-aminophenol. 4-amino-2-hydroxytoluene. Octadecyl di-t-butyl-4-hydroxyhydrocinnamate.
Water (aqua). Hydrogen peroxide. Cetyl alcohol. Cetearyl alcohol. Laureth-3. Ceteareth-20. Oxyquinoline sulfate. Phosphoric acid.
Color fixing shampoo:
Water (aqua). Sodium cocoamphoacetate. Peg-4 Rapeseedamide. Glycerin. Lauryl glucoside. Cocamidopropyl betaine. Sodium chloride.
Decyl glucoside. Sodium cocoyl glutamate. Sodium lauryl glucose carboxylate. Linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed extract. Eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil. Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil. Polyglyceryl-4 diisostearate/polyhydroxystearate/sebacate. Isopropyl alcohol. Citric acid. Sodium benzoate. Potassium sorbate. Octadecyl di-t-butyl-4-hydroxyhydrocinnamate.
Water (aqua). Cetearyl alcohol. Glycerin. Behentrimonium methosulfate. Citrus limon (lemon) fruit water. Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed extract. Linum usitatissimum (linseed) seed extract. Moringa pterygosperma seed extract. Ceteareth-20. Cetyl alcohol. Glyceryl stearate. Ceteth-20. Steareth-20. Fragrance (parfum). Sodium benzoate. Potassium sorbate. Limonene. Citric acid. Disodium phosphate.
Water (aqua). Cetearyl alcohol. Quaternium-80. Propylene glycol. Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed extract. Hydrolyzed pea protein. Hydrolyzed adansonia digitata seed extract. Moringa pterygosperma seed extract. Behentrimonium methosulfate. Glycerin. Potato Starch modified. Fragrance (parfum). Citric acid. Disodium phosphate. Sodium benzoate. Potassium sorbate. Benzyl alcohol. Limonene. Linalool. Citronellol.
Hair Colorants Can Cause Severe Allergic Reactions.
This product contains ingredients which may cause skin irritation on certain individuals. Carefully read and follow the enclosed instructions.
A preliminary skin sensitivity test should be performed according to the instruction leaflet 48 hours before each use.
Do not use this product to dye eyelashes or eyebrows as doing so may cause eye injury or blindness. This product is not intended for use on persons under the age of 16. Temporary “black henna” tattoos may increase your risk of allergy. Do not color your hair if:
- You have a rash on your face or sensitive, irritated and damaged scalp;
- You have ever experienced any reaction after coloring your hair; or
- You have experienced a reaction to a temporary “black henna” tattoo in the past.
Contains phenylendiamines and hydrogen peroxide. Avoid contact with eyes. If contact with eyes occurs, rinse immediately with plenty of water. Wear suitable gloves. Rinse hair well after application.
The proportion for mixing colorant and color developer must always be 1:1. Store between 50°F and 80°F (10°C and 27°C). Keep out of reach of children.
Final color result will depend on the color, thickness and overall condition of your hair so a color strand test, prior to full application, is necessary.