Features and benefits
Fusion Hair, Skin & Nails has a new improved formula, including nutrients to support:
- Strong, healthy hair and nails – including biotin to help decrease hair loss when dietary intake of it is inadequate
- Skin health and repair
- Collagen formation
- Connective tissue production
- Reduced formation of free radicals in the body
Fusion Hair, Skin & Nails also includes dong quai, which is traditionally used as a blood tonic that improves the health of the hair and nails and promotes skin health by relieving dry skin in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
How it works
Biotin for healthy hair, skin and nails
Biotin supports the health of the hair and helps reduce hair loss when dietary intake of it is inadequate.
It’s also important for maintaining skin health and the strength of the nails.
Zinc for strong nails and hair
Zinc supports multiple aspects of hair, skin and nail health. It helps keep both the hair and the nails healthy, and maintains the health and repair of the skin.
Hair, Skin & Nails contains zinc glycinate, which is more readily absorbed and available to the body than some other forms of zinc (such as zinc sulfate).
Nutrients to support collagen formation
Along with vitamin C and silica, zinc also supports the formation of collagen, which is a structural component of the skin and hair follicles.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps reduce free radical formation in the body, as is vitamin E.
In TCM, the hair, skin and nails are traditionally believed to be nourished by the blood, and dong quai is traditionally used as a blood tonic that improves hair health and the strength and thickness of the nails, and relieves skin dryness to promote overall skin health.
Read more about the TCM approach to hair health here.
Each tablet contains herbal extracts:
|Dong quai (Angelica polymorpha) root 150mg, dry equiv.||2.25g|
|Dunaliella salina cells 33.33mg, fresh equiv||62.49mg|
|equiv. carotenoids, calculated as betacarotene||2.5mg|
|Silicon (as colloidal anhydrous silcia)||75mg|
|Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)||125mg|
|equiv. pantothenic acid (vitamin B5)||100mg|
|Zinc (as zinc glycinate)||15mg|
|equiv. pyridoxine (vitamin B6)||25mg|
|d-alpha Tocopheryl acid succinate (d-alpha Tocopheryl acid succinate)||41.33mg|
|equiv. vitamin E||50IU|
|Riboflavin (vitamin B2)||25mg|
|Manganese (as manganese (II) glycinate)||2.5mg|
|Selenium (as selenomethionine)||50 micrograms|
|Iodine (as potassium iodide)||50 micrograms|
|Copper (as cupric sulfate pentahydrate)||50 micrograms|
If symptoms persist or if you are unsure if this medicine is right for you, talk to your health professional. Contains zinc which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period. This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 micrograms for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded. Vitamin and mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Directions for use
- Adults: Take one tablet, one or two times a day
- Children under 18 years: Only as professionally prescribed
- Do not use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Stop taking this medication if you experience tingling, burning or numbness and see your healthcare practitioner as soon as possible. Contains vitamin B6.
- If symptoms persist or if you are unsure if this medicine is right for you, talk to your health professional.
- Contains zinc which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period. This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 micrograms for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded.
- Vitamin and mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, are on any medications, always talk to your health professional before use.
- Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery, please confirm with your health professional.